Version: April 2018
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Website visitors: When you visit our website (either as customer, it’s representative or in another capacity), the Personal Data we collect about you includes data collected through registrations, applications, purchases, in connection with your inquiries, subscription for receiving direct marketing, and data collected automatically when you browse our website.
WHO WE ARE
This website is operated and controlled by Royal Reesink B.V., with its principal place of business in Apeldoorn, such depending on where you live and which of our Services you are using (hereinafter “Royal Reesink“, “we” or “us“).
If you have used our Services (such as purchasing our products) outside of this website, the Royal Reesink company responsible for using your Personal Data will depend on the Royal Reesink entity that you entered into a contract with. An overview of the applicable responsible Royal Reesink companies be found here.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The Personal Data we collect about you when you use our Services include the following:
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address, and any other contact details you provide to us.
- Your financial details. The financial information that has been disclosed to us (either upon request or voluntarily) and can be linked to you as a customer or it’s representative or individual, such as bank account details or invoicing details.
- Your personal characteristics. Including your gender or other personal characteristics that are requested to identify you as a customer or it’s representative.
- Recording of video footage. When you enter or buildings or premises, you are recorded by our video surveillance systems (CCTV). You can also be recorded on video footage during events or fairs that we attend and during which we make video footage.
- Your profession and job title. This includes information on the specific (sub)sector that you operate in.
- Your use of our Services. We collect information relating to your use of our Services, such as which purchases you make (either online or as part of a sales process), the amount and date of your purchase, the product or service you purchase, location of purchase, payment method, etc.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via email or online.
- Any other personal data. This includes any personal data that you disclose to us during the course of your contractual relationship with us, either voluntarily or upon request.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Royal Reesink collects and uses your Personal Data for the purposes below and on a lawful basis. Please know that insofar we already hold information about you, we may use that information for the same purposes.
For the performance of our agreement with you: In order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information and services that you request, including managing and handling your requests, inquiries or complaints. This also includes responding to your requests to provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, providing you with technical support, provide you with essential information regarding the Services you use, etc.
For our legitimate commercial interests: We may use your Personal Data (both on aggregated and on individual basis), such as your contact details and your electronic identification data for the purpose of advertising our products and services, making contact with you for marketing or other commercial purposes if you are an existing customer. We may also use your Personal Data for analysing and improving the quality of our products and services, such as providing you with customer services and aftersales, and to understand you as a customer (customer optimization). This enables us to assess what may interest you, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising. In addition, based on your historical use of our Services we may target you with advertisement or other marketing materials that are customized to your personal preferences and experiences.
We may also use your Personal Data, for our other legitimate commercial interests such as, to operate and expand our business activities, to develop and improve or modify our Services, to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our Services; to assist in security and fraud prevention; to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical purposes. For system integrity purposes (for example the prevention of hacking, spamming etc.); to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures; to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of Royal Reesink’ assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event; or for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
Use of information based on your consent:
We may use your Personal Data referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data we collect’ to send you marketing communications (such as newsletters, promotions, news on products or service updates) via email or other electronic means, via telephone or via hardcopy mail (such as flyers), but we will only do so after we have received your consent to do so.
You can withdraw your consent at any time; see the section Your rights below.
To comply with our legal obligations: Any information referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data we collect’ may be used to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as maintaining appropriate business records, complying with lawful requests by governmental agencies and public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We share your Personal Data with the following parties:
- Service Providers and Processors. We engage third party vendors, from time to time, including:
- Business partners, suppliers (such as IT service providers) and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or to provide services on our behalf;
- Financial institutions;.
- Leasing companies;
- Telemarketing companies and other advertising companies that carry out marketing activities on our behalf;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website, such as Google Analytics.
In providing their services, they will access, receive, maintain or otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your Personal Data for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Dealers. We offer our Services to our customers either directly or through our dealers. Where we engage with our dealers, we will need to disclose your Personal Data to those dealers. In accordance with the applicable law, we will take commercially reasonable steps to require dealers to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions. Where legally required, we will ask for your prior consent.
- Third parties in case of legal requirement. We also disclose your Personal Data if disclosure is required by law or in the context of an investigation, regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, or to protect the rights or safety of the website, us or our affiliated companies.
- Corporate transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including Personal Data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of Royal Reesink’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- With consent. We also disclose information about you, including Personal Data to any other third party, where you have consented or requested that we do so.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In most cases your Personal Data will be processed within the European Union. However, please be informed that Royal Reesink may transfer and process any Personal Data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not provide the same level of protection to your Personal Data. Royal Reesink or third parties we use will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer. More in particular for Personal Data transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. This means that we entered into legally necessary contracts with recipients of your data, including standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission or other supervisory authority where required.
You are entitled to receive a copy of any documentation showing the suitable safeguards that have been taken by making a request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royal Reesink will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
Subject to the conditions set forth in the applicable law, you have the right to request, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have provided to us or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of such personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company, by sending an email to email@example.com specifying your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please tell us what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have it suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
In the event your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your request, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites, such as our business partners, social media networks, branch organizations and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please consult these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively, as well as to provide functionalities for the visitors that may, for example, enhance visitor friendliness.
To get the most out of this website, you need to have all cookies enabled. If you don’t wish to enable cookies or wish to disable specific cookies, you will still be able to use the website but may not be able to use all of its features or functions. Please see the section below on how to manage your cookies.
Cookies we use and purposes
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes. Please refer to our Cookie Table at the end of this page to find out more on which first and third party cookies we use on our website, why we use them and how long the different cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device.
How to manage cookies
If you do not want our website to store cookies on your computer or mobile device, you can change your browser settings. You can adjust your setting so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. Another option is to adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies.
Please be aware that if you do not want to accept any cookies, we cannot guarantee that our website will function properly. It may be that several functions will be unavailable to you or that you will even be unable to view certain parts of the website.
Please note that you will have to change your settings for each browser and device you use. The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser:
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you.
Changes to the policy
Contact and queries
If you have any questions about the cookies used on our website, please contact us at email@example.com and indicate the nature of your query.
|GPS||Marketing||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.||Browsersession|
|PREF||Marketing||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites.||8 months|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Marketing||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||179 days|
|YSC||Marketing||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Browsersession|